Google Nexus 4 is the latest device from Google, manufactured by LG mobile. It has Android 4.1.2 Jellybean in it. Rooting this Phone is pretty easy. You can Root this Device in minutes and get the most out of it. See our post about Rooting to get basic information you need click here.
Few things you need to take care off before starting rooting process.
- Make sure your mobile is more than 60 percent charged.
- Your data will be lost during rooting process, so its better to backup your data. To read more about Data backup click here.
- Enable USB DEBUGGING in Developers options, To know how to enable developer’s options click here.
- Download and Install Android SDK. This package contains all the drivers necessary for your Android phone Connectivity with PC via USB cable. You need all drivers of your phone to be installed in your PC before you begin rooting. To download android SDK Click Here.
- Download CF-Auto-Root , to download Click Here , Extract the downloaded file and remember the location.
- Now boot your Nexus 4 in fastboot mode, to do this switch off your phone completely and wait 20 secs , Now hold volume down and power button simultaneously, keep them hold till a big ” Start” message will appear on screen. Now release buttons and connect your phone to PC via USB cable. Wait for window to recognize your device and complete installing drivers.
- Now launch the file you downloaded and extracted in step 2. To do this Go to the extracted file location in your PC and find file “windows.exe”, double click it and launch the application.
- The application will begin rooting process itself. Follow instructions on screen and wait for process to end.
- Your Google Nexus 4 is now Completely Rooted. To verify that your device is rooted or not install Root checker app on your phone and check . To download this AppClick Here.