HTC has Released its New Flagship device HTC ONE Few Days ago. This Device Came with some staggering Features like Qualcomm APQ8064T Snapdragon 600 1.7 Ghz Quad Core Processor and Amazing Camera with Ultrapixel Technology.
If you Want to Root your HTC One phone, we have a pretty simple and clear guidance for you.
Before beginning the process you need to do Few things.
- Make sure you have all the drivers of your phone installed in your PC. For more guidance on your driver click here.
- Enable USB DEBUGGING on your phone. To Read more about how to enable USB DEBUGGING click here.
- You will lose all your data on phone during this process make sure you backed up your data before we begin this process. To read more about backing up your data Click here.
- Make sure your phone is at-least 60 percent charged before you start this Process.
You Just Need To Follow 3 Major Steps.
- Unlock Bootloader of your Device.
- Install Recovery And Gain Root Access.
- Install Custom ROM[Optional]
STEP 1[Unlock Bootloader Of Your Device]
1. Register your account on www.htcdev.com
2. Download Fastboot Files and Extract these files in Some new Folder with easy Accessibility because you need these files to complete the process.
3. Go to this Link. and select “All Other Supported Models” and then “begin unlock bootloader”. Then Select “Yes” check both boxes and then click ” Proceed”. Now Skip directly to Step 8. Don’t close the browser.
4. Now Power off your phone and Reboot it in bootloader Mode, to do this Power On your phone by Holding Volume down+Power button Simultaneously till you see Android Animation on your Screen. You are now in download mode , you need volume keys to navigate in download mode. On the Main screen of download mode press volume up or down button till you see “Fastboot” option highlighted there, press power button to enter into fastboot mode.
5. Now connect your Phone to PC via USB CABLE and open Command Prompt in windows. In command Prompt Navigate to the folder by using “cd” command to the folder where you have saved extracted files you downloaded in step 2 of this tutorial, then type the following Command
fastboot oem get_identifier_token
Copy the Result of this Command and Paste it in the Step 9 on Htcdev website into the box at the Bottom and then click “submit”. Don’t close Command Prompt.
6.You will now receive an E-mail on the same E-mail Address you have used to Register your Account at www.htcdev.com. This email will contain a file that will be named as “Unlock_code.bin” download this file and save it to the same folder where you have extracted your Fastboot files in step 2.
7. After you have saved downloaded file go to the Command Prompt and type the following command.
fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
And instructions will appear on your phone screen, Press Volume Up button to Accept and Press power Button for 1 second to Confirm.
Your Phone’s Bootloader is now Successfully unlocked.
You Now just need to Install Recovery and Gain Root Access on your Device.
STEP 2[ INSTALL CWM RECOVERY v184.108.40.206 AND GAIN ROOT ACCESS]
1. Download CLockworkMod Recovery of your Choice.
ClockWorkMod Classic without Touch
ClockWorkMod Touch Version
Place the downloaded file in some easily accessible folder in your Windows.
2. Open Command Prompt and Navigate to the folder where you have placed the downloaded Recovery Files by using “cd” command In Command Prompt. After that type the following command
fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-220.127.116.11-m7.img
Or in case of classic without touch version
fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-18.104.22.168-m7.img
Recovery is Now Installed in your Phone.
You Can now have Root Access in your phone by Installing SuperSU.
To do this,
1. Download SuperSU.
2. Now Place this downloaded file in internal memory of your phone or SD card by connecting your phone to PC via USB CABLE. Remember not to put these files in Phone Memory.
3. Now Power off your phone and Reboot it in bootloader Mode, to do this Power On your phone by Holding Volume down+Power button Simultaneously till you see Android Animation on your Screen. You are now in download mode , you need volume keys to navigate in download mode. On the Main screen of download mode press volume up or down button till you see “Recovery” option highlighted there, press power button to enter into Recovery mode.
4. In Recovery Mode choose option ” install zip from sdcard” after that Select“choose zip from sdcard” and then Select the SuperSU files you downloaded and transferred in your phone. After Installation of these files choose option” Reboot now” in recovery Menu.
You Phone is Now Completely Rooted, You can install Custom ROMs and Get Much More out of your phone.