Most of the Android users want more than just Stock Firmware, So they are fond of experiencing various Custom ROMs that maximize, customize and power-up their Android device potential and for this; they need custom recovery on their device first. But because of many limitations every Android device cannot experience every custom recovery and one such device is Samsung Galaxy S5 AT&t and Verizon variant. These two variant recently avail root access but cannot find a way to install Custom ROMs as there isn’t any custom recovery for locked bootloader Galaxy S5 yet. Don’t get too worry if you have either variant of S5, luckily we got Safestrap recovery as an alternative that functions as a Custom recovery, without interfering the system and act as a complete stock.
Safestrap recovery creates virtual partitions that permit you to install Custom ROMs, perform Nandroid backups/restores. It also permits you to boot into multiple Custom ROMs with the use of virtual partitions and this allows you to switch between couple of ROMs when you want. Overall it is more secure way to experience Custom ROMs as it does not interfere with primary storage of device.
To install Safestrap recovery you don’t need to unlock bootlooder of your android device or anything else. It’s a simple process. For installation safestrap recovery on your Galaxy S5, follow our guide on how to install Safestrap recovery on AT&T S5 SM-G900A and Verizon S5 SM-G900V. But before starting installation let’s talk about pre-requisites/requirements.
- Make sure your Galaxy S5 must be rooted. ( If not get it rooted first by following ourroot guide)
- Install BusyBox app from Google Play Store. (Link) Launch the app and grant Superuser request.
- You must have an external SD card in your device.
- Uninstall Xposed Framework if you have it installed. ( you can re-install it after installing recovery)
- Enable “unknown sources” on your S5. For this go to Settings > Security and check unknown sources.
Download safestrap recovery files for AT&T and Verizon Galaxy S5. Download links are given below
How to Install Safestrap Recovery on AT&T and Verizon Galaxy S5
- First of all locate the downloaded APK file using a file manager app. (It will be located in “download” folder if you downloaded it directly to your phone. Or if you have downloaded it on PC, then copy apk file to your device)
- Tap APK file and select “install” and then choose “Open”
- It will ask you to grant SuperSU permission. Grant it
- A pop-up will appear with agree option, Click agree
- Finally tap on “Install recovery” and it will install Safestrap Recovery on your Galaxy S5.
That’s all !!! You have Safestrap recovery on your device and To enter into Safestrap Recovery, tap “Reboot into Recovery”. You will find that Safestrap recovery completely looks like TWRP.