I’m sharing my personal experience of flashing SonyXperia S to upgrade it from ICS Version 6.1.A.2.45 to 6.1.A.2.55 Firmware, Some users may find it useful and this post can help them to solve problems they might face during flashing of their SonyXperia S device.
Personally I didn’t have any problems with the previous version of ICS (except buggy android system showing that it is eating my lot of battery) that is 6.1.A.2.45 but after i read few posts on XDA forums in which people were claiming that there is lot of improvements in .55 version i decided tomanually upgrade my phone because the PCC (sony PC Companion) and SUS ( Sonyupdate service) both were showing that my phone is up-to-date.
Here are step by step instructions for flashing Xperia S and upgrade it to .55 for better user experience.
- Make sure you have all drivers installed for your phone in your PC . For doing this you have to connect phone via cable with your PC and install all necessary drivers from internet, Installing Sony PC companion and Sony update service will also help to ensure that all drivers for your phone are installed in your PC.
- Download flashtool from flashtool.
- Install Flashtool in your PC.
- Download Stock SG-Generic – 6.1.A.2.55 from
- Part 1
- Part 2
- Part 3
- Part 4
- Part 5
- Or if you want to download it via torrent then torrent.
- Unzip downloaded file.
- Go to that unzipped folder and copy .ftf file from that unzipped folder to
or where ever you have installed flashtool.
- Launch Flash tool & click flash Sign from top left Sign bar and select FLASH MODE from the next window which appear.
- Wait for the flashtool to load necessary files.
- Uncheck all boxes on right side if you don’t want to lose your data except that last box as extreme right bottom.
- Wait for instruction window to appear & When instruction window appear turn of yourphone and wait for 30 seconds.
- Hold VOLUME DOWN KEY and insert USB cable into the phone.
- Flashing will begin automatically, Sit back till flashing is done and flash Finish text appear in window, disconnect your phone from PC and Restart it. You can now enjoy latest upgraded version of ICS on your Xperia S.
WARNING: Before flashing your phone make sureyour battery is atleast 50 percent charged and USB DEBUGGING box is checked in developer options in settings.
This version has improved battery timing and lag in touch is almost improved, Also personally I feel better gaming experience and Quick Camera Mode is fixed.
Feel free to contact for any problems.