Today we will teach you how you can root your Samsung Galaxy Y, which is a mid range smartphone and still very popular specially in India and Pakistan, this phone have 830 MHz ARMv6 processor, 2 MP camera & 240 x 320 pixels, 3.0 inches screen.
Officially, Samsung hasn’t provided updates for this phone later than Android Ginger bread 2.3.6 therefore Non-root users of this phones are not able to Enjoy latest of the Android features offered in the form of Ice-cream Sandwich and Jellybean. There are alot of root methods available on the internet but most of them are very complicated and difficult to understand for majority of Samsung Galaxy Y owners. So keeping this in mind we make easy step by step root guide for our readers.
You just need to Take care of few things before we begin. Make sure you take following precautions.
- Make sure your phone is more than 60 percent charged.
- Make sure your phone’s drivers are completely installed in your PC, To find more help about this Read our post about driver click here.
- Make sure you have checked USB DEBUGGING box in developers settings to find more about developers options click here
- Download this Root File, place it in you SD card and do not extract this zip file you just downloaded.
- After that switch off you Galaxy Y.
- Now press the Home button, Power button & Volume Up button, keep them pressing until your Samsung Galaxy Y vibrates and Samsung logo appears on the screen, now you can leave buttons, at this point you will see some writing in red colour appeared on the screen, this is called Recovery mode.
- Use your Volume buttons for going up & down, same way Home button for selection & power key for going back to previous screen.
- Select ” Apply update from sd card “, and choose “update.zip” file which you downloaded earlier in step 1 & select ” yes ” by using Home button.
- Now a new screen appears with an option ” Reboot system now ” , Select it and wait until your phone restart.
- Search in your Apps for ” Superuser app “, if you find it thats mean you Galaxy YGT–S5360 is now successfully Rooted.
Enjoy & if you encounter any problems feel free to ask in the comments box below.