With Galaxy S2 releaseSamsung got unique place in smartphone industry. When it was released in 2011 it was the fastest of others smartphone present at that time that’s why it got huge popularity in no time. As we all know that nowSamsung do not provide anyandroid update for galaxy S2so it couldn’t be updated from official firmware. But do not worry as we brings you a new Custom ROM with which you can update your Galaxy S2 with Android 4.4.2 Kitkat and enjoys the fun of androidKitkat.
Neat ROM android 4.4.2 KitKat Custom ROM is based on the latest release of AOSP. It is fast, stable and smooth. Already rooted phone and installed custom recovery are prerequisite for its installment. Before starting update guide (tutorial) let’s talk about certain matters to be considered before update:
Things to Consider before Updating your Smartphone
Before updating your Galaxy S2 smartphone you must check for
1. USB Drivers – USB drivers of phone must be installed. If they are not installed you can install them from Samsung official Kies, to learn more about usb drivers click here.
2. Save back up for all your contacts, sms and app because during installation your stored data will erase, Click here to learn how to backup your data.
3. Switch on USB debugging mode in your phone, to learn click here.
4. Your phone battery must be at least 65% filled as it may cause bricking if phone shutdown because of battery.
INSTALL NeatROM android 4.4.2 KitKat on SAMSUNG GALAXY S2 I9100
We prepare a very easy step by step guide for you by following which you can safelyupdate your phone on android 4.4.2 Kitkat.
POINTS TO REMEMBER
1. This tutorial is just for SAMSUNG GALAXY S2 I9100. If you try it on any other version, it might damage your phone.
2. Your phone must be already rooted and ClockworkMod recovery must be installed.
3. After this up gradation Samsung kies cannot detect your phone because it is now on Custom ROM not official firmware.
5. Perform a Dalvik Cache wipe before proceeding from the recovery mode.
Now lets move towards android 4.4.2 KitKatinstallation process
Step 1. Connect your Galaxy S2 to Pc via USB cable and mount usb memory.
Step 2. Download NeatROM Android 4.4.2 ROM to your Pc and then save it to yourGalaxy S2 SD card root ( main folder) by copy/paste.
Step 3. Disconnect your phone from pc.
Step 4. Now Turn Off Your phone and Reboot in Recover Mode, To do this Press Home+volume up and then Press Power button while holding previous 2 button pressed.
Step 5. If you have done previous step correctly then you are now in Recovery Mod, Perform a full data wipe by selecting “wipe data/factory reset” using your volume up/down & power keys.
Step 6. Now Wipe cache by selecting “wipe cache partition” and then “wipe dalvik cache” to avoid any errors and boot loops, find it by selecting “advanced”.
Step 7. Now go back to the main menu and select “Install zip” and then “Choose zip from sdcard”, now navigate to the Android 4.4.2 ROM zip file that you have already copied to your SD card before, you can navigate by using volume up/down keys and select from power key.
Step 8. Confirm the installation on the next screen and the installation procedure should start now.
Step 9. After the completion of installation select “+++++Go Back+++++” and reboot the phone by selecting “reboot system now” from the recovery menu.
If you have done every step correctly then your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 will now reboot, dont panic it can take up to 5 minutes to boot.
Your Galaxy s2 I9100 is now successfully updated to Latest version of android 4.4.2Kitkat NeatROM, to confirm goto Settings then select About phone, Thats it if you face any problem please feel free to ask us by commenting in the comment section below.