Samsung Galaxy S4 model GT-I9500 Exynos Octa can now be updated to Android 4.4.2 KitKat through Stock Firmware I9500XXUFNE7. This update brings a large number of improvements that also includes bug fixes. This update is particularly for model GT-I9500. Other users have to wait tilt the release for their model/region.
Samsung Galaxy S4 users can grab the update via OTA and via Samsung KIES for different regions around the world. Galaxy S4 users who haven’t yet received OTA update notification and also cannot reach Samsung KIES suite, they can opt to update manually. Today we are providing you guide on how to install Android 4.4.2 KitKat update on Galaxy S4 GT-I9500. First let’s go take a look at pre-requisites for installation to start.
Disclaimer: You can install the unbranded firmware on Galaxy S4 anywhere as long as the device is unlocked. This update available for unlocked international Exynos Octa Galaxy S4. We are not responsible for any kind of damage to your device while installing update. Users need to update at their own risk.
Pre-requisites for installation are as followed:
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Gt-I9500 drivers
- Enable USB debugging mode in your device
- Be sure to make a complete Backup of your Data
- Device must be factory unlolcked.
- Device battery must be 80% filled to avoid any kind of inconvenience during installation.
- This guide is particularly for Galaxy S4 Exynos Octa (GT-I9500), attempting this update on any other variant may lead to brick device.
During Installation process, you will need under mention files. So download these files first. (Download links are given along)
How to Install Android 4.4.2 I9500XXUFNE7 firmware on Galaxy S4:
Follow our stepwise tutorial carefully to install Android 4.4.2 update on your Galaxy S4. We advise you to first read & understand this tutorial and then try it. While reading if you find anything questionable then do ask us via your comments. We will try to make more easy and understandable for you. Now let’s begin
- First of extract files from the downloaded Android 4.4.2 I9500XXUFNE7 and from Odin.
- Then turn off your Galaxy S4 mobile and start it into downloading mode by pressing Volume down + home button and power key simultaneously. When your phone boots into downloaded mode, you will see warning message. Now press volume up key and you will enter into downloaded mode.
- Run Odin as administrator
- Connect your mobile to the computer via USB cable. You need to wait a little until Odin detect the device and indicate ‘added”. The ID:COM box will turn into blue color displaying COM port number.
- In Odin window, Click AP button and select .tar.md5 extension
- Then in Odin select Auto Reboot and F.Reset time options. Please be sure that the re-partition option is unchecked.
- Click “START” option to proceed with installation.
- On installation completion “PASS” message will appear in the left corner of the Odin. Click it
- Wait a little until the mobile reboot to home screen and then disconnect mobile from computer
That’s all. Congratulations!!!! Now your Galaxy S4 is updated to Android 4.4.2 KitKat I9500XXUFNE7 firmware.