In recent months Google has introduced new versions of Android which includes updated versions of Jellybean to 4.2and 4.3. Unfortunately many mobile phone makers includingHTC does not release latest versions of Android for all of their handsets therefore users who possess those handsets for which manufactures does not bring updated android versions often has to move for latest handsets. One of thosehandsets include HTC Wildfire S also known as HTC PG76110 for which HTC didn’t release any Android version later than Gingerbread 2.3.6 but Good news for HTCwildfire S users that they can still Enjoy latest Android 4.2.2 by simply following the guide Provided Below.
This is an unofficial version of Jellybean 4.2.2 known as CyanogenMod 10.1. The Exciting thing about this ROM is that it is based on Android 4.2.2 but it includes latest features of Android 4.3.
To install CyanogenMod 10.1 into your HTCwildfire S first you Need to Install Custom recovery in your device and Gain Root access. Click here for the Tutorial on Root access and Custom Recovery inHTC Wildfire S.
Once you are done with Rooting and Custom Recovery , Rest of the Process is Fairly Easy.
- Download CynogenMod 10.1 for HTC Wildfire S by clicking here.
- Download GAPPS for this ROM by clicking here.
- Put the downloaded Files in the SD card of your phone by Connecting your phone toPC via USB CABLE. Remember to put these files in SD Card , do not put these files in internal memory of the phone also do not put these files in any folder.
- Now Disconnect your phone from PC and turn it off completely. Now Reboot the phone in Bootloader mode , to do this Press the volume down+power button and keep them press till your phone reboots into bootloader mode.
- You might now need to use volume keys for navigation , Select “Bootloader” on the screen and then go to “Recovery”.
- In Recovery Mode Remember to Select “wipe data” first, After data wipe go back, Then Select “wipe cache” and then go back again to main recovery menu Select ”install From SD card” Option to Install “cm-10.1-20130703-4.3-F-NIGHTLY-marvel.zip “.
- After installation Go back to Main Recovery Menu and Select ” Reboot System Now” and Wait for your phone to Reboot Completely as it might take sometime to Reboot for the First time after installation.
- Repeat same process for GAPPS from the beginning.
Feel Free To ask Any Question Regarding this, and Give us Your Feed Back.