Few days ago Sony has released its New update of Android jelly bean for few of its phones including Sony Xperia E , Seems like after criticism faced by the company about Jellybean updates for its phones like Sony Xperia S , Sony is taking software update too seriously and thus releasing updates for its phones every other day.
Under discussion here is the updated and latest version of Android jellybean 4.1.1 firmware version 11.3.A.2.13 available for Sony xperia E versions C1505 and C1504. We will guide you about the process by which you can manually upgrade your xperia phone to latest firmware but first we will look at the new features that are available with this update. Those features includes
- Improves performance to a great extent.
- GPU working even better playing some hard-graphic games.
- New Sony Media apps ( Walkman, Movies and Album ).
- Brand new Xperia Battery Manager with STAMINA MODE and LOW BATTERY MODE. This feature was previously available on high-end Xperia phones like Xperia Z and ZL.
- New Graphic User Interference features include New themes.
Before we start , strictly keep this in mind that this manual update process and the firmware is only for Sony Xperia E C1505 and C1504. Its not been tested on any other phone.
Up-gradation process difficult and not scary at all. You just need to Take care of few things while applying this method. Make sure you take following precautions.
- Make sure your phone is more than 60 percent charged.
- Make sure your phone’s drivers are completely installed in your PC, To find more help about this Read our post about driver click here.
- Make sure you have checked USB DEBUGGING box in developers settings to find more about developers options click here.
- Download Flash Tool, and install it in your PC. To download Flash Tool Click Here to Download.
- Download Generic ROM for Sony Xperia E( C1504 & C1505). To Download Click Here.
- Put the downloaded files that have format of .ftf to C:\ Flashtool\Firmwares or Firmware folder of flashtool wherever you have installed in your PC.
- Now launch Flashtool on your PC.
- On the main interference on Flashtool click Thunder sign on Top left corner.
- Select Flashmode from the Next window which appears.
- Wait for Flashtool to Load Necessary files.
- An instruction window will appear asking you to connect your phone to PC. Now turnoff your Phone and wait 30 secs, Now Press Volume Down Button on your Phone and while Holding the volume download Button Insert USB cable into your Phone and keep volume down key Hold for few more seconds.
- Flashing will begin automatically, sit back and relax till message appears that flashing has been finished.
- Disconnect your phone and restart it. Enjoy latest Jellybean on your Sony.
Note: This Process will not Root your device.