Sony Has UnexpectedlyReleased Jelly Bean 4.1.2 for Sony Xperia J(ST26i). Sony Xperia J have only dual core 1 Ghz processor and 512 Mb RAM. Sony did not announce the Release of this Update officially.
This Update is available in selected countries and a lot of users are able to upgrade their Sony Xperia J to Jelly Bean using Sony PC companion or Sony update Service(SUS) but for those users who are not able to get this update yet by any means , they can still install this update manuallyin their phones and can enjoy newest of jelly Bean Features in their Sony Xperia J(LT26i).
By Following these steps you can easily install Jelly Bean in your Sony Xperia J. The Firmware we are providing here is Unbranded international version. Don’t Try this Firmware for any other phone.
Its not that difficult and not scary at all. You just need to Take care of few things while applying this method. Make sure you take following precautions.
- Make sure your phone is more than 60 percent charged.
- Make sure your phone’s drivers are completely installed in your PC, To find more help about this Read our post about driver click here.
- Make sure you have checked USB DEBUGGING box in developers settings to find more about developers options click here.
- Download Flash Tool, and install it in your PC. To download Flash Tool Click Here to Download.
- Download Generic ROM for Xperia J. To Download Click Here.
- Put the downloaded files that have format of .ftf to C:\ Flashtool\Firmwares or Firmware folder of flashtool wherever you have installed in your PC.
- Now launch Flashtool on your PC.
- On the main interference on Flashtool click Thunder sign on Top left corner.
- Select Flashmode from the Next window which appears.
- Wait for Flashtool to Load Necessary files.
- An instruction window will appear asking you to connect your phone to PC. Now turnoff your Phone and wait 30 secs, Now Press Volume Down Button on your Phone and while Holding the volume download Button Insert USB cable into your Phone and keep volume down key Hold for few more seconds.
- Flashing will begin automatically, sit back and relax till message appears that flashing has been finished.
- Disconnect your phone and restart it. Enjoy latest Jellybean on your Sony.
Note: This Process will not Root your device.