The Latest version of Jelly Bean Firmware XXEMG5 by Samsung is Now Officially available for Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300. We are here presenting the method to root this version 4.1.2 [XXEMG5].
Note: If you haven’t upgraded your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 to this firmware we recommend your upgrade your phone, for the support we have provided instructions to manually upgrade your phone to this version. To see that post click here.
Warning: Rooting will void Warranty, See Warranty terms & Conditions before you begin with Rooting Process. The software provided in this tutorials are not my developments, so if anything goes wrong We will not be responsible for that.
Before beginning with the process, Take care of few things.
- Your phone’s Drivers must be installed completely in your PC, to learn more about Drivers installation click here.
OR if you are still facing trouble download ADK PACKAGE and install it in your PC. This package contains all necessary drivers of all android phones.
- Make sure your phone’s battery is completely charged.
- Back up all your important data to learn about back up click here.
- Enable USB DEBUGGING mode in developers option, to learn how to enable USB DEBUGGING click here.
1. Download Odin V.1.85 and install it in your PC and launch the application.
2. Download Android 4.1.2 I9300XXEMG5 root files.
3. Now Turn Off Your phone and Reboot in Download Mode, To do this Press Home+volume down and then Press Power button while holding previous 2 button pressed. Keep these button pressed till you see Android Robot on your screen.
4. Now connect your Phone to PC via USB CABLE, and wait till ID:COM box turns Yellow in main ODIN interference on your screen.
5. Now on the Main ODIN interference
Click “PDA” and Select the same File you have downloaded in the step 1 of this tutorial named as ” Android 4.1.2 I9300XXEMG5 root files “.
Also check the “auto Reboot” and “F.Reset Time” boxes.
Now Click “Start” button
6. Wait for the Process to be completed and your phone will restart. Now you have completely rooted your Samsung Galaxy S3-I9300 having Android 4.1.2 XXEMG5 Jelly Bean. Enjoy Most of it.
Note: To verify That your phone is Rooted, install Root checker app from playstore.