CyanogenMod 11 AOSP constitute of variety of novel aspects as of official Android 4.4 KitKat. CyanogenMod 11 is still under development but its CM11 nightlies already released. CyanogenMod 11 nightlies have several problems that are pointed down.
- Just Primary SIM slot operates
- There is no anti-Banding setting in Camera
- Camera Panorama does not work
- HW composer does not employ in landscape
- Poor quality of animation when changing between portrait & landscape
- SMS to any premium numbers compels to close.
- There is questioned battery state while it is not plugged in on boot
- Voice brew when UI click sound is enabled
- Screen records does not perform
- And also FM radio does not work.
In this article you will learn how to install “Android 4.4 KitKat CM11 milestone snapshot build on Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos” stepwise using CWM recovery.
Steps to install CyanogenMod 11 unauthorized nightlies Android 4.4 KitKat on Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos using CWM recovery
- Make sure your phone is more than 60 percent charged.
- Make sure your phone’s drivers are completely installed in your PC, To find more help about this Read our post about driver click here.
- Make sure you have checked USB DEBUGGING box in developers settings to find more about developers options click here.
- It should be Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082/GT-I9082L.
- For this purpose you should use rooted device with ClockworkMod recovery
- First of all download Android 4.4 KitKat ROM ( Click Here )for Samsung Galaxy Grand duos and GAPPS on your PC click here to download.
- Hook up your Samsung Galaxy rand Duos device to your PC via USB cable.
- Then Copy downloaded Android 4.4 ROM and GAPPS files and paste them in SD card root.
- Switch off your mobile and Disengage it from PC.
- To enter in the recovery mode, turn on your mobile while pressing and holding volume up, home and power buttons together till mobile presents other boot options.
- Make use of power button to choose any option and volume key to navigate while in ClockworkMod. Choose “ wipe data/ factory reset” to clear your data.
- Also clear your cache using “ wipe cache partition”.
- You also have to “ wipe of your dalvik”. Although it is optional but it is suggested to do so to avert any fault.
- Move back to the recovery screen and go to “ install zip from SD card” option.
- Select “ Choose zip from SD card” (or external Sd Card where you files are located)
- Flash the files, First flash the RoM files and then GAPPS files.
- Go back to the main recovery menu and select “reboot system now” to restart your mobile.
If you have followed all instructions carefully then your phone will reboot in sometime & now you can enjoy Android 4.4.1 KitKat, new features.